- They have been told of an upcoming FAA audit, during which they believe (rightly or wrongly) serious issues will come to light.
- The company appears to be hiring outside contractors to do the modifications to existing aircraft. Internally, staff believe that this is because no one with an A&P ticket will risk it by 'signing off' on these earlier units.
- The fourth Director level responsibility for Supplier Quality Assurance in 12 MONTHS has departed recently.
- Chaos is a word used to describe working conditions in the plant. Ok in a sweet factory, but...
- A staff member pointed out that they did NOT complete 100 aircraft in 2007, as 23 were 'mostly complete' in 2006. Just another example of the 'BS' (his words, not mine) attitude of the company to the facts.
That's the area for the next big problem. Staff morale would appear to be on a downer. I for one can understand it. They are working all the hours they can, trying hard to ramp production and then Vern pops up to announce a new factory in Russia.
Not an example of inspired leadership....
Tell me I'm wrong, but my heart goes out to some of these guys (and girls, for all I know) who seem to love their career but have real worries about what Eclipse management are tasking them to do.